immigration lawyer, green card, lpr, citizenship, naturalization, IISLG, F1 visa, K1 visa, K3 visa

What family can petition for me to become a LPR?

Family-Based Options

A US citizen May Petition for:

  • spouse
  • children(unmarried and under 21)
  • sons and daughters (married and/or 21 or over
  • parents if you are 21 or over
  • siblings if you are 21 orover

A legal permanent resident (LPR) may petition for

  • Spouse (husband or wife)
  • Unmarried children under 21
  • Unmarried son or daughter of any age

The family of refugees and asylees may petition for:

  • Spouse 
  • Child (unmarried and under 21 when you first applied for asylum or refugee status)
  • If you entered the United States as a refugee within the past 2 years or were granted asylee status within the past 2 years, 

This list is NOT exhaustive, there are other non family-based alternatives to immigrate to the United States, please also see "Visa Categories" section under the "FAQ" menu above. 

Contact an immigration lawyer at IISLG for a consultation to learn more about your options to become an LPR (legal permanent resident) or green card holder.